Sheila Hodge-Windover, has been helping people with intimate and interpersonal relationships for many years. She helps people with all types of relationships, from pre-marital sweethearts, married couples, pre and post divorce, extended family, sibling conflict, addicted relationships, domestic violence, workplace conflict, organizations with large multi-party conflicts, and all types of intimate and interpersonal relationships. As a Prominent relationship therapist she is currently serving as the Clinical Director and counselor at the Mind, Heart and Soul Counseling where she works with a broad spectrum of clients. Her therapeutic approach is to provide
support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life
She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer
a highly personalised approach tailored to each client with compassion and
understanding. She works with each individual to help them build on their
strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing. She believes in helping her clients realise their full potential.
Hodge-Windover completed a Ph.D, in Health Psychology/Behavioral Medicine from Northcentral University. She is also a graduate of Cameron University where she obtained a MS degree in Behavioral Science and a BS degree in Psychology. Before migrating to the US, she was the founder and Scholastic Director of the Mind Builder Early Group and Probation Officer/Child Protection Officer for the Government of the beautiful Caribbean Island of St Kitts and Nevis. Some of her many accomplishments included Winning the Caribbean Youth Of the Year Award (1990), St Kitts and Nevis National Youth Award, 1992, authoring 4 booklets, writing, directing, and performing in various plays.
Ph.D. Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Health Psychology/Behavioral Medicine
MS Behavioral Sciences – Psychology 2007
BS Major: Psychology, Minor: Family Science 2005
University of The West Indies
Diploma in Youth Work 2002
University of Cambridge International Examinations
Management of Business, A Level Certificate 2002
Commonwealth Youth Program Caribbean Center
Certificate in Youth Work 1991
SERVOL – Member of Accreditation Council of Trinidad & Tobago
Certificate in Early Childhood Education 1989
Executive Life Coach
Adoption Home Study Provider
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
Licensed Marital Family Therapist (LMFT)
Certified Medical Meditation Consultant
Certified Stress Management Consultant
Professional Affiliations :
International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy
American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
Phi Kappa Phi, Cameron Chapter
Psi Chi Cameron
St Kitts Asthma & Allergy Association, 1998-2000
Awards and Accomplishments:
Cambridge Who's who 2009-2010
Who’s Who in American Universities Award, 2005
Student Support Services Trio Mentor Award, 2004 & 2005
Presidential Honor list, 2003 to 2005
Clothide Fullbright Crawford Human Ecology scholarship (2004)
Floyd J. Freeman Scholarship, 2003 & 2004
St Kitts & Nevis National Youth Award, 1992
Caribbean Youth of the Year Award, 1990
2011 - present Mind, Heart & Soul Counseling
2013 - present Lawton Hypnosis
2011 - present Cameron University. Lawton, Oklahoma
2008–2011 Multi-County Counseling Inc. Lawton, Oklahoma
· Conducted individual, group, couple and family therapy sessions
· Kept records of supervision and logs of the clients reviewed
· Monitored professional documentation ensuring that the documentation met AAMFT and state reporting standards
· Completed all required paperwork and maintained client files according to all applicable regulatory standards to ensure CARF certification.
· Participated in staff conferences to plan treatment, participate in case reviews, and evaluate programs..
· Completed regular progress notes for billing records and invoicing purposes.
2008-2011 Western Plains Youth and Family Services, 5 SW D Ste B Lawton, OK 73501
· Provided intense psychotherapy to "therapeutic foster care children" and other family members
· Completed all required paperwork and maintained client files according to all applicable regulatory standards.
2007-2008 Lawton Housing Authority, Lawton, Oklahoma
Public Housing Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator
· Assisted low-income residents to develop goals to ensure their achievement of self-sufficiency
· Planned, organized and implemented self sufficiency projects/workshops
· Conducted education programs and monthly interdisciplinary case reviews for the Family Self-Sufficiency Participants
2006-2007 Lawton Public Schools, Lawton, Oklahoma
· Taught various subjects to elementary school students; Junior High students; and Senior High students when their regular teachers were unable to teach
2005-2006 Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma
Academic Research Support Center
· Assisted students, staff and professors with research projects from all discipline
2003-2005 Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma
Open Doors Department – Tutor
Student Support Services (SSS)– Mentor
· Provided academic assistance and guidance to students enrolled in the Open Doors and SSS Program
· Conducted counseling sessions with students at summer camps and monthly programs
· Provided critical advice, motivation and encouragement to students enrolled in the Student Support Services.
· Assisted with the advertising of services available at Cameron University to SSS students.
Summer 2005 Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma,
· Catalogued and processed books for the library
· Provided instruction to students on effective use of the Library.
· Assisted students in obtaining research materials for diverse projects.
1996-2002 Government of St. Christopher and Nevis
Probation/Child Protection Officer
· Supervised first offenders including juveniles and women
· Supplied detailed Social Inquiry Reports to the court on first offenders, juveniles and women and provided recommendations for sentencing.
1985-2002 Mind Builder Early Group, Basseterre, St. Kitts
Founder, Scholastic Director and teacher
· Directed the administrative and policy decisions of the Mind Builder Early Group learning Centre.
· Prepared annual budgets for approval by the Board of Directors.
· Ensured proper staffing, training of staff and staff compliance with the Center’s policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and government regulations.
· Developed and implemented an effective ongoing program to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of educational delivery by staff members.
· Monitored performance for achievement of goals and for improvement, and took corrective action when necessary.
· Provided marketing and diverse communications planning.
· Organized and taught at the pre-school and after-school programs, reading workshops, summer camps and theatrical performances for the students.
· Organized, planned and implemented projects to help motivate young people to obtain a good education.